Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Speed Bumps Ahead... and Behind

Although I have not posted anything since the Home Inspection, it's not because we've just been breezing by awaiting closing. Our realtor had us fearing that we wouldn't close on time because of the underwriting process- Nope! Underwriting was finished a week ago. For whatever reason, Our mortgage lender has attacked my financial situation from every angle. I can only attribute this to the fact that my income is greater and thus needs to be justified above all else. Unfortunately having to verify and re verify and verify again my employment and income is a problem when I am a government contractor and my contract went up for bid this month! So it's now been a week since I found out I am in fact likely keeping my job, but, there is a form we need filled out by my "new" employer and that is taking time. I'll take a moment to sigh now.

Ha! But in better news, we finally have most of the furniture for the nursery! Only 2 weeks to go before this little guy is due to make his big debut! His room will likely be full of boxes for the rest of the year but I think I can take on the additional challenge of getting that set up before family visits for Christmas. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment